Sunday, January 10, 2010

D "Departure" Day

I really didn't want to wake up at 5:00 am. We were up until about 1:00 am this morning, fitting everything into the van after two fun rounds of Partini. Our favorite is the "Straight Up" portion of the game where everyone writes something about one person. On my turn, you had to complete the sentence, "My name is Bee, and I don't"....... Some of the answers had be laughing so hard, I could barely breathe:

- have any lips
- like liver and onions (now that isn't true)
- open my eyes when I laugh
- shit and shower (in that order)

Anyway, we were all together for a short while before trudging off to bed.

I have just heard Brianna bellow, "Five Minutes Dougie Fresh your on..." Time to log off the computer and head out to the car. I'll hit you back when we've settled into our motel room tonight. (5:48 am)

--------------------

Most of our trip from the time we left home until we reached the foot of the grapevine was made in the tule fog. It makes for slow going and very boring views. We made one stop at Harris Ranch Shell for gas and a bathroom break. For an upscale resort with a "world class" restaurant, and an added charge of about $.35 per gallon, I expected the restrooms to be spotless. While not at the standards of BART or NYC, it was certainly not up to par. I could have saved money and used the no brand gas station across the freeway. Yes, I will be posting on YELP after my vacation concludes.

We made excellent time and we were resting our feet at 11:55 in Buena Park. We had made arrangements to meet our friend Holland at 12:30. While we waited, we went over to the Wax Museum, which we were disappointed to find out was closed (since 2005). We still enjoyed checking out their replica of the Gromans Chinese Theater and foot and handprint impressions. Pee Wee was impressed at the size of Lou Ferrigno's hands and seeing the cast of "Roots."

We had a wonderful visit with Holland, caught up on old news and just enjoyed each others company. We had a very nice lunch and after a 3 hour interlude, we continued on our way to San Diego. The drive was almost one of the best between the two cities that I have experienced. Usually it's really a bear, but it was smooth sailing today.

We are all checked into the hotel, and I am disappointed that this Quality Inn doesn't meet with the standards we usually encounter. I will elaborate in my YELP review, later.

We are leaving now to have dinner with Lorna, Jackie and Kalila at the Old Spaghetti Factory in the "Gas Lamp" district.

No comments:

Post a Comment