Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A SWELL day at Sea - January 12, 2010

I remember that when we had our last 4 day cruise on the RCCL Monarch of the Seas, we didn't encounter many swells at all. This was not the case on the Elation. Tuesday was a rock and roll day. Three feet swells don't seem so bad in theory, but the actual feeling can leave you feeling pretty yucky! I did really well until about 4:30. Tiny was a trooper and went to Guest Services and brought back free pills for me. 30 minutes later, I started feeling human again.


We spent the day just hanging out and enjoying the days activities. I started my day with the towel folding class. I learned how to make the elephant and the dog, with the help of two stewards. ( and you can learn how too - www.squidoo.com/easytowelanimals )

Later Brianna and I went to the Country Line Dance Class and I almost have that elusive Electric Slide down. I wanted to go to the Cha Cha class, but Tiny wanted to try his personal air freshener in our bathroom and by the time he returned, it would have been hopeless.


After the kids played a round of Miniature Golf, Pee Wee and I had lunch at Tiffany's. We were returning to the Lido deck with our food when we noticed a large crowd around the stage by our table. We found out that Natasha is one of the Judges of the "Hairy Man" contest. What! Loads of attention and free lap dances!


I have found that getting 8 people to the dining room in time for "Elegant" night, is a big challange. Of course, we ended up about 1/2 hour later than planned and so we ended up taking our pictures after dinner.



Elegant Night Dinner was Lobster and Shrimp. Everyone except Brianna and I ordered 2 servings!





























For Brianna's take on the trip, read her blog Remote Control: The Split Diaries entry LMFO: The Doorman Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment