Saturday, January 2, 2010

7 More Days


We started off this year with an unexpected, but really welcome visit from Cousin Mark who is trekking or meandering across the country. I am really amazed by this and an enjoying his daily email journals that share his experience with us.

Tiny fried up some chicken wings last night, which we enjoyed with black-eyed peas and rice (hoppin john) and green beans. We were too full to eat the cobbler, so it was put away for a later date.

This morning we kinda dragged our feet, which I am now hoping didn't put Mark behind in his travels. I am now wondering if he made it to Mt. Lassen as he planned. We enjoyed a nice breakfast at the "Joy of Eating" on Springs Road in Vallejo. Even though it was a holiday weekend, I lucked out and grabbed a booth in between the rush.

After last minute hugs, goodbyes and farewells, we said goodbye to Mark as he continued his journey. Brianna and I spent a minute at Sally's because Brianna had to have a new hair color. You'll have to wait for her to share the color with you. I stopped at Sally's and picked up 3 childrens jackets for about $19 to send to my http://www.wishuponahero.com/ family. We then stopped by the dollar store to get toiletries that the family had also requested.

I am aware that our time for our departure draws closer, and I'm anxious about all of the preparations that need to be done. Of course I procrastinated and set up our new PC, and am kicking myself because I didn't make it to store to get the wireless-g usb adapter that I need. I don't understand why they would even sell a computer in this age that doesn't come with a wireless connection. Goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment